Here is a list of papers for the recent literature round-up, arranged by subject:
- 1001 Genomes Consortium. 2016. 1,135 Genomes Reveal the Global Pattern of Polymorphism in Arabidopsis thaliana.” Cell
- Beissinger et al. 2016. Recent demography drives changes in linked selection across the maize genome. Nature Plants doi: 10.1038/NPLANTS.2016.84
- Elyashiv et al. 2016. A genomic map of the effects of linked selection in Drosophila. PLoS Genetics doi: 10.1371/journal.pgen.1006130. See also this perspective piece.
Inference of selection based on the site frequency spectrum
- Tataru et al. 2016. Inference of the distribution of fitness effects and proportion of adaptive substitutions from polymorphism data. BioRxiv doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1101/062216
- Keightley et al. 2016. Inferring the frequency spectrum of derived variants to quantify adaptive molecular evolution in protein-coding genes of Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics 203: 975-984
- Velasco, Dianne, Mallikarjuna Aradhya, and Jeff Ross-Ibarra. 2016. Evolutionary genomics of peach and almond domestication. bioRxiv (2016): 060160.
Mascher, Martin, et al. 2016. Genomic analysis of 6,000-year-old cultivated grain illuminates the domestication history of barley. Nature Genetics
- Meyer, Rachel S., et al. (2016) “Domestication history and geographical adaptation inferred from a SNP map of African rice.” Nature Genetics
Mating system evolution:
- Ament‐Velásquez, S. L., et al. 2016. Population genomics of sexual and asexual lineages in fissiparous ribbon worms (Lineus, Nemertea): hybridization, polyploidy, and Meselson effect.” Molecular Ecology
Evolutionary processes at the S-locus/other genes under balancing selection:
- Dagilis, Andrius J., and Mark Kirkpatrick. 2016. Prezygotic isolation, mating preferences, and the evolution of chromosomal inversions. Evolution
- Lenz, Tobias L., et al. 2016. Excess of deleterious mutations around HLA genes reveals evolutionary cost of balancing selection.” bioRxiv
- Arunkumar et al. 2016. Recent mating-system evolution in Eichhornia is accompanied by cis-regulatory divergence. New Phytologist
- He et al. 2016. The Footprint of Polygenic Adaptation on Stress-Responsive Cis-Regulatory Divergence in the Arabidopsis Genus. Molecular Biology and Evolution 33: 2088-2101
- Ågren et al. 2016. Transposable Element Evolution in the Allotetraploid Capsella bursa-pastoris. American Journal of Botany
- van’t Hof, Arjen E., et al. 2016. The industrial melanism mutation in British peppered moths is a transposable element.” Nature 534: 102-105.